As a busy person, your time is committed to family and work. Everything else falls into a distant third place—even your health. The problem: your excelling with your career, but falling unhealthy, daily. The older you get the harder it becomes to get out this maze.
You will start to notice this around your 30’s, if not sooner.
For men: the loss of hair starts to happen, stress and mental fatigue will turn you into a walking zombie. (Talking from experience)
For women: feeling constantly irritated, weight gain-especially around the hips and thighs area, and just feeling unhealthy.
If you’re interested in changing the way you look in feel, this article will show you one powerful way to do so.
This tool is called intermittent fasting.
This isn’t a new concept, it’s just circulating its way back to us. Humans have evolved, but not our internal mechanisms haven’t.
It was normal to fast for long periods of time and then have a massive feeding window (known as the feast or famine periods). Then repeat the process.
Intermittent fasting is time-restrictive eating and isn’t quite a “diet,” but a schedule showing you how to eat most effective for fat loss. The magic sauce behind intermittent fasting: your body uses fat as fuel throughout your busy day and you’re able to simplify nutrition.
Who does this work for?
Intermittent Fasting works Professional Fighters (such as Georges St. Pierre, who put on even more lean muscle in less time with this tool), also for average working class people who are looking to lose fat and get healthier without breaking open their budgets and schedules.
5 Powerful Benefits of Intermittent Fasting
- Lean and Thinner Body: As your body is fasting, body fat will be used as the primary fuel. You will develop muscle (on the right workout plan) while your waistline shrinks. ALL WITHOUT LONG HOURS OF CARDIO AND VIRTUALLY STAYING AT YOUR DESK.
2.Healthier Body: If you’re constantly overeating (and 90% of my personal online clients found out they were), your body stores excess food as fat. Overeating isn’t ideal for nutrient absorption. Proper nutrients allow you to feel stronger, more energetic, improve vitality, and improve cell health.
3.Saves TIME AND ENERGY: “I don’t have the time to do this” or “I’m too busy right now.” If that sounds like you, Intermittent fasting will help you get healthier. Creating a structured eating plan will produce time and decrease stress. My clients usually skip breakfast; their 1st meals are lunch, followed by snacks, dinner.
4. Consistency: Results yields consistency. Routine is the key for long term results. Create an afternoon and night routine, so you can be productive on your busiest days.
5. Food Flexibility. Having some good food is awesome, especially after a long week of eating “super clean” and healthy, it just makes your cheat meal taste even better. You also do not have to carry a lunch bag to work, spend less time in food prep, and eat have fun dieting.
Here’s who Intermittent Fasting IS NOT FOR:
- Pregnant Women
- People with an eating disorder
- People with severe digestive, immune, and health problems
- Toddlers and Infants
- Dogs (just kidding)
3 Standard I.F Options
- The Warrior Fast: The warrior diet is by far the most extreme fast. You are fasting for 20 hours and eating for 4 hours. This is a physical and mental challenge. Most advanced faster work their way up to this option.
2. Alternating Day Fasting: You’re completely fasting for 1-3 days per week. You will burn body fat, yes, but is challenging to start with. Some clients try this too early and overeat during meals.
3.“16-8” Fast: This is the most recommended option for most beginners. Generally, your first meal would start at 12:00 pm, and the last meal at 8:00 pm. This fast is the one we will be focusing on.
Here’s what to expect when fasting:
- The adaptation period for fasting lasts about 2-3 weeks. Similar to any change, your body and brain need time to adapt; intermittent fasting shocks your body systems. You might feel fatigued, mentally foggy, and weird for a while. Remind yourself: this isn’t forever, you’re going through a transition time.
- Dealing with the “hunger boredom.” You don’t always eat when you’re hungry, you’re bored. Our society overstimulates you with technology and convenient, and fatty foods. You may feel really, really hungry during your fast window, but just focus on other things that interest you (easier said than done).
The non-negotiable rules for Intermittent Fasting:
- Start with the “16-8” fast first. This is most feasible and moderate for people who are beginning.
- Drink only water through your fasting hours.
- Avoid Heavy workouts during fasting time. You will not have the energy to get through on an empty stomach. You can workout, but personal record-setting days will be a challenge.
- Take a multivitamin and make sure you’re drinking at least half your body-weight in water daily.
Here’s How to Implement Intermittent Fasting.
IF Combo: #1: 12-8 window. This works perfectly for real estate people, nurses, doctors, lawyers, teachers, parents, etc. Missing breakfast is OK, just do your best to hit your daily calorie requirement.
Sample client #1- 34 year old person, who wants to lose the “office belly,” build arms, and feel healthier.
Problem: doesn’t have the time to workout or eat right, and tried 12 workout and nutrition plans without seeing any noticeable change.
Here’s what we would suggest to this individual:
Nothing to eat before or drink before 12 pm, except water. Have 3-4 meals.
- First meal: a handful of spinach salad, 3 oz of chicken breast (the size of your fist), and sweet potato. Drink hot Green tea or water with no added sugar with this meal.
- Small Snack: 1 scoop of protein shake with a ½ banana. This can serve as a great pre-workout meal as well.
- Small snack: 1 scoop of protein shake with a 34-year-olds will be your post workout shake.
- Second Meal: Baked Salmon, a ½ cup of brown rice, 2 handfuls of salad, Green Tea
It’s best to use a calorie tracking app, this will physically allow you to see what you’re eating and make adjustments as you go.
Here is another sample of how you can use Intermittent fasting throughout the day.
- First meal: 2 scoops of protein powder, with 1 cup of mixed fruit, and 5 almonds
- Second meal: 4 oz of chicken breast, 2 handfuls of salad with mixed vegetables
- Third meal: Yogurt with mixed nuts
- Fourth Meal: a ¼ cup of quinoa, grilled bison or turkey (3-4 ounces), 2 handfuls of salad with green tea.
Macro Breakdown For You
Generally speaking for weight loss, 45% carbohydrates, 35% protein, and 25% fats work pretty well. Here are the numbers for most women and men who are looking to lose fat.
1,400 calorie diet for women and 2,000 calories for men are GENERAL starting numbers we found most successful.
Here’s the job of each macro in your body.
Protein- to build and repair lean muscle
Carbs- give your body fuel, the brain needs it as well to function.
Fats- Need this for healthy fats, cells, and skin.
Supplements for I.F
The supplements we found most successful with intermittent fasting are:
- Branched-chain Amino Acids (preserve muscle mass on fasted workouts)
- Glutamine (helps with recovery from hard workouts)
- Whey Protein ( keeps your muscles firm and body lean)
- Multivitamin (makes sure you’re not malnourished)
- Fish oils (keeps your heart healthy)
When I hear, “studies show…” I always chuckle, but here are some studies from Harvard that hit home for Intermittent fasting. You should read them, there from Harvard.
Well, Thank you for reading our article. If sparked a change, please share it with a friend who it will also spark a change for.
If you’re looking to lose the belly, tone your body, and feel healthier…
Head over to to here and contact us.